Finding us when in Ramallah:
The Royal Court Hotel is directly across the Ramallah City Hall in downtown Ramallah just a 10 minute walk from the Manarah square and a 15 minute walk from the bus station that goes to and from Jerusalem.
From Tel Aviv Ben Gurion Airport
- Private car pick up from the airport directly to the hotel (and vice versa) is available 24 hours a day. To arrange, please communicate directly with the hotel through e-mail or telephone at least one day ahead of your travels. Cost: 350 NIS. Travel time 45-75 minutes depending on traffic. Perhaps more expensive, but especially recommended for first time travelers, those carrying big luggage, and those looking to avoid the hassle of public transportation.
- Shared Taxi (Sherut): Another option is to take a shared taxi (Sherut) run by Nesher. These shared taxis depart from the airport at all hours whenever full and will take you to the West Jerusalem Central Bus Station for around 33 NIS. When exiting the shared taxi, you can easily transfer to the nearby Light Rail and get off at the Damascus Gate stop in East Jerusalem. Then, walk just 200 meters to a nearby station to catch a bus to Ramallah (See Jerusalem section). Due to the multiple transfers, this is a longer and more complicated way to get to the hotel, but will cost less.
- Train (New). Passengers can travel to and from the Tel Aviv Ben Gurion airport on the new train in just over 20 minutes. In Jerusalem, you will arrive at the Yitzhak Navon Station (next to the central bus station). The trains are scheduled to run every half hour. From Jerusalem, guests must then take a bus from East Jerusalem to Ramallah (See Jerusalem Section). Due to the multiple transfers required, this is a longer and more complicated way to get to the hotel, but will cost less.
From Tel Aviv
First, head to Jerusalem via collective taxi (Sherut) or bus which can both be taken from the central bus station in Tel Aviv. There is also a train that leaves from the main train station. Then, see the “From Jerusalem” section in order to see instructions on how to get to Ramallah.
- There is a bus station in East Jerusalem near Damascus Gate that takes you to downtown Ramallah for under 10 NIS. The bus is numbered either 18, 218, 19, or 219 but they are all the same and will end in the same place. The bus stop is one block north from Damascus Gate. To get there, start from the gate and cross the street at the traffic light and continue straight up the pedestrian street called Derech Shechem. You will see the station on your left after about 200 meters. The station is just in front of the Jerusalem Hotel, in case you need to ask for directions. Travel time 45-90 minutes depending on traffic.
Map showing where you will find the bus to Ramallah from Jerusalem
- Private car pick up from Jerusalem directly to the hotel is available 24 hours a day. To arrange, please communicate directly with the hotel through e-mail or telephone in advance. Cost: Approximately 150 NIS. Travel time 30-60 minutes depending on traffic.
Jordanian Bridge to Ramallah
- King Hussein (Allenby) bridge [in Jericho] to Ramallah The most convenient way is to take a local taxi directly to the Royal Court Hotel. However, it is less costly to take public transportation that drops you in the Ramallah city center which is just a 15 min walk to the Royal Court Hotel.
- Sheikh Hussein Bridge [North] to Ramallah Please call us and we can arrange a pick for you.